I am really sorry that the ongoing pandemic is causing so much disruption and anxiety. As far as we know the virus is no more dangerous in patients with neurological disease than the general public unless they are on drugs to suppress their immune system which is not routinely the case in patients with Parkinson’s and Huntington’s disease. The major high risk groups are those outlined on the government websites including Public Health England https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/public-health-england
In terms of trying to limit the spread of the virus, the hospital and university have taken every precaution they can to help with this while we are also trying to offer patients and their families all the support we can. As such we have implemented the following changes;
- All face to face outpatient appointments have stopped;
- All research only clinics have now been suspended for the foreseeable future as have all the trials we are undertaking;
- We have shut down the labs for the foreseeable future and everyone who can is working from home;
- Roger is still doing his normal HD clinics but via phone calls
- If you have any worries or queries then do either phone 01223 761863 and leave a message or email firstname.lastname@example.org as both the phone and email accounts are regularly checked and we will get back to you asap.
Please try and not get anxious about what is going on – we are still here and will continue to help and look after you all as best we can. Take care.